Create your learning space! Whether you are attending classes online or just need a place to read, it's important to set yourself up for success. Check out these tips, curated by FYE student facilitators, to help create your own productive learning space - no matter where you are. Learn more about First Year Experience below!
First Year Experience (FYE) is an office that creates a welcoming community for students in their transition to campus by engaging them in programs related to personal and academic growth, navigating campus resources, building meaningful connections with others, and prioritizing well-being.
Check out FYE's programs near or in your community:
- Welcome & Transition: Block M Big Photo, Ask Me Anything tables in residence halls, Diag Day. Check out more Welcome Programs on the Welcome to Michigan App!
- Informational & Promotional: Connections to UMix Late Night programs, Festfiall, and other tables on campus
- Foundational & Required Programs: online and in-person programs AlcoholEdu, Sexual Assault Prevention, Relationship Remix, and Change it Up!
- Optional and/or Requestable Programs: Programs offered within residence halls focused on supporting the transition to college & connect students to on-campus resources
- Longer-term learning: ALA 171 Making the Most of Michigan, Facilitation training, and more opportunities