First Year Experience (FYE) implements programs in your residential community, right in your residence hall! Our programs focus on supporting first-year and transfer students through their transition to the University of Michigan, and they cover a variety of topics. Keep an eye out for the offerings below coming to you in your residence hall!
- Financial Literacy: How’s budgeting going? Come build financial literacy skills and consider positive spending habits by thinking through your financial priorities, wants and needs!
- Funds of Knowledge: Using a strengths-based approach, we explore what knowledge and skills you bring from your homes, families, and/or communities to U-M. See how these strengths, knowledge, and skills can be used at U-M as you pursue and achieve your goals!
- Navigating Your Involvement: Students at Michigan get involved for a variety of reasons: to make friends & socialize, access a cultural and/or spiritual community, build skills outside of the classroom, etc. Realizing all that’s available at Michigan can be overwhelming - see us for support on how to find your place at Michigan!
- Prioritize Wellness: Throughout the semester, it is important to recharge and take breaks to be prepared. Join us for a mindful break and a chance to reflect on wellness!
- Resume Labs: Have you started a draft of your resume but want to get it looked over? Do you want to create one but aren’t sure where to start? Wherever you’re at, drop-in to get support for all stages of the resume writing process!
- Take Time Before You Sign (Your Lease): Know your housing options for next school year? If not, no worries! Whether you want to live on campus or off campus, we can provide helpful information regarding key details regarding your housing options!
- Time Management: How do you manage your time? Time is a form of currency: you want to spend it well in order to grow and achieve your goals! Bring your schedule and learn how to effectively manage your academics to be successful inside and outside the classroom!
Would you like to bring one of these programs to your community? Fill out our FYE Program Request Form! Staff, faculty, or campus partners can request any of these programs through the link below: