Peer educators from the University of Michigan’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center (SAPAC) and the University Health Service’s Sexperteam group conduct Relationship Remix: Workshops on Relationships, Sex, and Choice every fall semester for all first-year students throughout every residence hall on campus, including sessions for off-campus students. Participants are given the opportunity to reflect upon personal values, discuss healthy relationships, and practice skills related to consent.
Workshops will be coming to your Residence Hall in September and October! Talk with your RA for more information, and look to your email for a link to register for your session!
Check out the video to see the experiences of past participants.
What happens during a Relationship Remix workshop? You will:
- Think about decision-making from your own value system
- Learn to demonstrate your values through your behavior in relationships
- Define what a healthy relationship looks like for you
- Develop communication skills
- Develop consent skills
- Develop sexual health skills, understand sexual assault, and gain awareness of campus resources
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q) Where can I sign up for Relationship Remix?
- Please sign up here and log in with your umich email address.
Q) Can I go to another session other than the one I received in the email?
- Yes. You can go to any session you would like to in any building as long as the session isn’t full.
Q) Can I arrive/leave early from sessions?
- No. Your attendance will not be tracked if you arrive more than 15 min after Michigan time.
Q) Do the sessions start on Michigan Time?
- The workshops will BEGIN on Michigan Time, however students are STRONGLY encouraged to arrive on the hour.
Q) I think I already went to Relationship Remix - do I have to go again?
- Only Bridge students have already attended Relationship Remix. Everyone else must still attend. If you believe you are receiving emails about registering and you shouldn't be, please email: email@example.com